W Wynard's Hospital

W Wynards - credit Clare Bryden

God’s House, also known as Wynard’s Hospital, was founded in 1436. The plan comprises twelve two-storeyed almshouses for twelve poor men; the chapel of the Holy Trinity along the street frontage; and accommodation for the chaplain. It was built of Heavitree Stone throughout, during the medieval period when the Heavitree quarries were at maximum production. … Read moreW Wynard’s Hospital