Heavitree House

Heavitree House

There is nothing to see of this now apart from the Heavitree Stone walls of the old stable and a blue plaque on the wall, yet it was one of the grandest houses in Heavitree.

A writer and traveller called Richard Ford decided to settle here in 1833, bought an old Elizabethan house and rebuilt it in grand Gothic style with Moorish terraces and fine gardens. But later the gardens were sold off and built on, the house fell derelict, and it was finally demolished in the 1950s.

Source: